Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Laws of Blogging - No.1

Blog RuleThe Laws of Blogging
OK I've only been doing this for a week, but even so I'm starting to realise that beyond the rules I set myself there are certain immutable laws that the real world constrains you with. I looked for a complete list so I would know what I was in for but was unable to find one. It looks like I'll have to discover them for myself.

Today was a good example of one of these laws asserting itself. Due to cancelled meetings and missing documents I had absolubtly nothing to do today. I scanned every news source that I normally use as a source of outrage and thought about everything that I normally rant about down the pub, but the only thing I could come up with was a minor musing about Welsh politics. I went for a haircut and came back to find all my news feeds buzzing, just when I was about to head down to the pub.

This has happened nearly every day so I shall entitle this my first rule of blogging:
'The amount of blogworthy news or events in your life is inversely proportional to the amount of time you have to blog about it.'

Its not quite Newton Law's of Motion, but its just as true and seemingly universally applicable, unless you live in the strange quantum world of professional blogging I guess.

No comments: