Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Too Blue to Blog

The Internet
Internet Woes
No, I've not suffered abuse from militant POLs. Well, actually I have, but that was not in this forum so its not really germane to discuss it here and now, and, as it happens they were of the subspecies whose arguments were so weak, despite their venom, that it was actually a bit of light relief to roast them on spit of reality.

My real downer has come from the fact that my hosting company has, with a whole 20 minutes notice, disabled my most successful Facebook application, not on the grounds of it's questionable taste, but because it's just been too successful (over 113,000 users). Basically, take all the invective you can find at Devil's Kitchen, Mr Eugenides, or your own personal favourite swearblog, on their most enraged of days, add a little real vitriol and multiply it by a thousand, and you're getting close to why I've been either too angry or too down to blog, even aside from the practical considerations of finding a new home for the application.

The good news is that the Backing Boris and Say No2ID Facebook applications that I also host are unaffected, though Facebook Blogroll has taken some collateral damage, though I expect this to be very short term.

On a note of cheer, on a night that has been bleak even weatherwise, I'm very pleased to be on Thunder Dragon's ballot paper for Iain Dale's poll of political blogs. I've been struggling with my own submission; fifteen, including Thunder Dragon, are shoe-ins, but its proving very hard to drop some of the contenders for the remaining slots.

And the coaches coming up with their final thirty for the Rugby World Cup think they have it hard!

No comments: